Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Who am I?

Where am I?
Right now, I am in Buffalo for an APA Leadership Conference. I will be here until Saturday.

Where have I been?
Like I said previously, school has started and I do not have as much time as I had in the summer to do this.
Yesterday, I was on the mall with a few dozen other people to see the final version of the Waterfront Plan. You can see my pictures of it here.

Where am I going?
If you have read the introduction to this, you would know.
However, my life took a completely unexpected, temporary detour.
Last week, Dennis Keating of MGLCUA went to his physician and found out he had to have a quadruple bypass. (He has undergone the surgery and is currently recovering.)
Last Friday, Norm Krumholz (professor and former Planning Director for the city of Cleveland) asked me to come to his office – I thought I was going to get into trouble for sending to many emails to the other students. After explaining to me the situation with Keating, he then says after consulting with a few others in the college, they would like for me to fill in for Keating in his Undergraduate Introduction to Urban Planning class.
WOW!
I was so very much taken aback by this.
Yesterday was my first full class. I spent the first hour talking about the legal basis of planning and the second hour talking about the comprehensive planning process.
So, this is what I will do twice a week for at least a month - on top of the family, school and other things I do.

Stay tuned for some pictures from Buffalo.

0 comments: